PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
The IT Specialist is the technical professional responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the Agri-Valley Communications, Inc. internal IT systems. This position is tasked with providing exemplary customer service while solving technical problems, such as computer systems, software, hardware, networks, cloud platforms and all things connected to the IT infrastructure at AVCI. The IT Specialist works closely with all divisions and departments to ensure that IT goals are met.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offers technical support as well as troubleshooting services for computer, connectivity and data access troubles to all AVCI employees
- Assists in the set up and connection of network devices such as but not limited to employee work stations — such as desktop and laptops — security cameras, printers, copiers and point of sale devices. Ensures hardware and software upgrades are provided on corporate IT systems and devices as needed.
- Installs various computer/network solutions, audio/video equipment, structured wiring, etc., using basic hand/power tools.
- Assists in network data security measures, back-up procedures and file retrieval.
- Maintains accurate records for all trouble tickets.
- Assists with IT audits and recommendations.
- Communicates effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Investigates and researches current trends in technology.
- Behaves in a professional manner with customers and co-workers.
- Participates in cross training of Network Operations Team Members.
- Perform job duties within Company health and safety requirements. Other duties as requested or required by management.
- High School diploma or GED required; college degreed preferred.
- At least two years of experience in an IT related role.
- Exceptional knowledge of current trends in technology.
- Possession of or ability to obtain CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications within the first 6 months of employment.
- Experience in setup, installation and troubleshooting of IT equipment.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS, mobile devices, routers, switches and other network devices.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with the ability to travel as needed.
- Solution oriented with the ability to quickly fix problems permanently.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and complex tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to redefine processes and simplify as required
- Perform job duties within Company health and safety requirements
- Must be able to work in tight, enclosed, confined spaces including attics and crawl spaces.
Travel Requirements: As Needed
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. Dress should be appropriate for frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
Work Schedule: Standard business work week, with ability to work after hours as needed.