The Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician is responsible for the monitoring, testing, troubleshooting and service provisioning of telecommunications equipment in the Central Office and remote locations. This position works closely with other members of the Operations team as well as other departments within AVCI to ensure the best quality service to our customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remedies service or revenue impacting network issues with analysis and resolution and dispatches appropriate staff when necessary.
- Engineers and implements Ericsson switch translations and server databases.
- Remotely supports on-site technicians with new site turn up, troubleshooting activities and maintenance routines.
- Performs maintenance and back up routines on Central Office equipment.
- Actively participates in implementation, trial, testing and roll-out of new equipment and services.
- Utilizes the trouble ticket system to log all requests and activities.
- Participates in training and communicates job-related knowledge with other technicians in verbal and written form.
- Communicates with customers and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that timely and appropriate actions are taking place to resolve issues.
- Occasionally accepts deliveries at warehouse.
- Performs job duties within Company health and safety requirements.
- Other duties as requested or required by management.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree with major(s) of: IT Systems Management, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- At least two years of hands-on experience in wireless and/or wireline switching, wireless data networks, SS7, carrier transport/backhaul, Sonet, Solaris, power, and various other equipment and services in a Central Office environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Central Office test equipment related to the switch and network preferred.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills with a team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively with strong attention to detail.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, willing to learn as well as think and respond clearly in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient use of computers, networking, and other programs.
- Successfully complete pre-employment background screening.
- Experience in infrastructure capacity planning based on key attributes, continuous learner, excellent communicator, works well in a team environment, appreciates challenge, comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving.
- Solution oriented with the ability to quickly and permanently provide solutions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and complex tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to redefine processes and simplify as required.
- Must be able to maintain a valid forklift training certificate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with the ability to travel as needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Dress should be appropriate business casual work environment.
This position has multiple scheduling options that can include 8- or 10-hour days. Schedule will be communicated to employee prior to hire and may change based on company needs. After hours as needed and flexible for all other shifts including nights, weekends and holidays (24×7 operation). Willing to work overtime and when needed.