AVS – Tech Team, Pigeon, MI
Agri-Valley Services, Director
Full Time Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary/Objective:
As a computer technician with the AVS Tech Team you will be responsible for handling computer repairs and network installations. Using your ability to solve technical problems by diagnosing: installing, maintaining, repairing and upgrading computer equipment and systems and network hardware for customers. You will work closely with other team members in Huron, Sanilac and Tuscola counties to ensure the AVS Tech Team’s goals are met, including providing exemplary customer service.
- Pass the CompTIA A+ certification within the first 6 months of employment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues for residential and commercial customers using a variety of methods, including phone support, remote connections, in-office repairs, and on-site visits
- Install computer/network equipment and data cabling, using basic hand/power tools in home, commercial, and outdoor settings
- Maintain and report accurate records of time and materials used for all work orders
- Able to install various computer/network solutions, structured wiring, , using basic hand/power tools
- Provide service to walk-in customers at front desk area, for both retail sales and computer service
- Respond to incoming calls and emails
- Communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in technology
- Behave in a professional manner with customers and co-workers
- Keeps up-to-date on the latest technologies
- Perform job duties within Company health and safety requirements
- Other duties as directed by leadership
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 1 year experience in the computer repair
- Working knowledge of Windows OS, mobile devices and SOHO routers and
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, climb ladders and stand for extended periods of
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl
- Must be able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature
- Possess strong written and oral communication
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively with strong attention to
- Successfully complete pre-employment background
- Must have a valid driver’s license
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Some travel required between the Tech Team offices and as needed to support customers in the Tri-County area. Home office is located in Pigeon, Michigan.
This job operates in a professional office environment. It also involves some work outdoors in residential and commercial premises.
Expected Hours of Work:
Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Apply by submitting an application through this webpage no later than Monday, November 22, 2021.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the essential functions of this particular position; it is not a contract of employment. All aspects of the employment relationship are at-will, including the Company’s right and discretion to assign and/or reassign duties and responsibilities in this position at any time. Agri-Valley Communications, Inc., along with its affiliated companies, is an at-will employer. Pursuant and subject to applicable disability laws, it is possible that essential functions may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals protected by those disability laws. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose a serious health or safety risk to the employee or others or which impose undue hardship on the Company.
EEOC Policy; Agri-Valley Communications, Inc is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or local law.