The Tier 2 Support Technician primary responsibility is to provide Second Level Support for the AVS Customer Service Representatives, Customers, and Installation Technicians. This position includes additional responsibility for building, configuring, and supporting Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) accounts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists AVS Customer Service Representatives and customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for service-related issues.
- Advises and educates customers through a combination of experience and documentation, to ensure a solution.
- Escalates trouble tickets to the next level for service calls.
- Assists AVS Field Technicians by activating/provisioning subscriber accounts.
- Provides backup to the Wireless Coordinator by scheduling service calls and installs.
- Works with vendors to provision and test new equipment on company network.
- Performs remote Firmware updates and device provisioning.
- Reviews and creates quality assurance and performance reports.
- Provides after hours phone support on an on-call rotation.
- Builds and configures Residential VoIP accounts for company voice platform.
- Builds and configures Business VoIP phone systems for company voice platform.
- Provides support for Business VoIP phone systems and Residential VoIP accounts through company voice platform.
- Performs job duties within Company health and safety requirements.
- Other duties as requested or required by management.
- High School or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- 2 years of related experience in customer service, project management or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with high levels of accuracy with minimal supervision.
- Intro level Networking knowledge required.
- Ability to perform job duties in a professional and respectful manner when working with customers and co-workers.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ambition and passion for learning and teaching.
Minimal travel may be required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Dress should be appropriate for frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
Standard business work week, with ability to work after hours as needed.